1. (a). Comprehension passage - Question are firmly based on testing the candidates ability to appreciate niceties of expression.
Candidates own way of expressing is in preference to using the language of the set passage.
(b). Composition - Descriptive or Narrative. Arrangement of ideas, sentences, structure language and vocabulary accuracy, in expression will be the points of assessment.
(c). Letter writing - Formal and Informal.
3. Usage of the same word with different meanings.
4. Transformation of sentences
5. Direct to indirect speech and indirect to direct speech.
6. Common errors in the use of Adjectives, Verbs, Conjunction, Articles and Prepositions.
7. Tenses, Active and Passive voice, Letter writing (informal)
8. Correct the sentences.
1. Commercial Arithmetic:
a) Unitary method Profitand Loss, Discount, Simple Interest, Percentage, Time & Work, Time and Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots and cube roots
(a) Operations (+, -, X, : ) (b) Indices : Laws of indices, integral fractional, positive, negative zero indices (c) Linear equations (d) Simultaneous
linear equations with problems (e) Quadratic equations by factor method and problems (f) Expansions : (a + b)2 ; (x + a) (x+b) ; (a-b)2; Factorization
taking common factor, difference of square.
(i) An angle equal to a given angle (ii) Angles of 600, 300, 450, 900 and allied angles 750, 1050 etc.671/20, 221/20, 1350 (iii) Bisection of line
segment (iv) Bisection of angle (v) Drawing a line perpendicular to a given line through a given point outside it (vi) Construction perpendiculars
to a given line through a Pt. on the line and Pt. outside the line (vii) Quadrilaterals.
a) Area and perimeter of a triangle, square, rectangle, parallalgram, rhombas and trapeziam.
a) Graphical representation of data: Bar charts, Pie charts, Frequency Polygons / Curves, histogram.
Fundamentals in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
1. Make sentences 2. Words and meanings 3. Opposites 4. Eassy 5. Letter Writting 6. Comprehension 7. Proverbs, Synonyms 8. Correct
the Sentences 9. One word for the group of words.
1. Comprehension 2. Composition 3. Make Sentences 4. Any Poem 5. Letter Writing 6. Opposite Words, Synonyms