1. Apply investigative strategies to tackle unfamiliar/difficult words in reading
2. Types of Sentences/ Subject and Predicate & Direct and Indirect Speech
3. Parts of speech types and functions.
4. Adjectives – Kinds, Degrees of Comparisons
5. Tenses (Past, Present & Future) and its Types – Simple, Participle & Continuous
6. Prefixes & Suffixes and Questions Tags
7. Synonyms & Antonyms and Collocations, Puns, Metaphors and poetic language.
8. Reading, analyzing, planning and writing
- Fiction: Stories with familiar settings, Traditional tales and stories from other cultures, Stories by significant children’s authors
- Non-fiction: Reports, Biography and autobiography, Argument and discussion, Non-chronological reports
- Poetry and Play scripts: A play by a significant writer, Poems by significant poets, poems with language play
9. Speak confidently and make effective contributions in group and class discussions.
10. Write fiction and non-fiction texts independently with guidance given in the class.
1. Operations on very large numbers
2. Working on number sequences. Deducing rules for number sequences.
3. Operations on Positive and Negative numbers.
- Equivalent Fractions
- Like and Unlike Fractions
- Comparison of Fractions,
- Addition and Subtraction of Fractions
- Multiplication and Division of Fractions
5. Multiples and factors, Recognise prime numbers.
6. HCF and LCM word problems.
7. Decimal numbers addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
9. Relation between fractions, decimals and percentages.
10. Ratio and Proportions
11. Identify, describe, visualise, draw and make a wider range of 2D and 3D shape.
12. Properties of different types of triangles.
13. Recognise reflective and rotational symmetry.
14. Area and perimeter of simple and compound shapes that can be split into rectangles.
16. Operations involving money.
17. Data Handling- Bar graphs, line graphs, frequency table, pictograms. Mean, Median, Mode and Range of a set of data.
18. Probability-Occurrence of event using language of likelihood